Can someone help me with adding my old Battlefield 1942 to my origin?

by Dnc_DK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can someone help me with adding my old Battlefield 1942 to my origin?

★★★ Novice

I reall want my old Battlefield 1942 WWII Anthology retail version to my Origin account. thank you

Message 1 of 8 (3,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can someone help me with adding my old Battlefield 1942 to my origin?

Hero (Retired)

The specifics of these types of issues are not something you will get supported with on this forum. EA Game Advisor can go into more detail on this for you.

Click the following link to get started: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

For help on how to contact an Advisor please use this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (3,950 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Are you wanting it for the veteran status? You can no longer play online.
Message 2 of 8 (3,754 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, "can no longer play online" isn't really the story?  Plenty of us are still playing online, including with the Origin-delivered Battlefield 1942, using one of the "after GameSpy shutdown" solutions that are listed here.  Many players and servers still online.

I have wondered what would happen if I entered in my physical CD-ROM key into Origin /now/, after Battlefield 1942 has been removed from the Origin store.

Entering in your Battlefield 1942 "legacy" CD-ROM key into Origin /before/ Battlefield 1942 was removed from the Origin store would actually add Battlefield 1942 to your My Games, same as if it was a purchased product activation key.

But I already did that /before/ Battlefield 1942 was removed from the Origin store, so Battlefield 1942 is already listed in My Games with the "legacy" CD-ROM key.  I'm unable to easily test what happens if you do those same steps /now/, unless I create a clean throw-away Origin account and use a different "legacy" CD-ROM key.

If it still authorized you to add Battlefield 1942 game to your My Games (since Origin does still have Battlefield 1942 available for download; you just have to "already own it", and can't purchase it or get it for free from the Origin store), that could be a useful option for players who have a damaged physical CD and could use the Origin-delivered Battlefield 1942 instead.

-Trench

Message 3 of 8 (3,743 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nah I already got that, I just want the DLC' on my origin Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (3,734 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The specifics of these types of issues are not something you will get supported with on this forum. EA Game Advisor can go into more detail on this for you.

Click the following link to get started: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

For help on how to contact an Advisor please use this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 5 of 8 (3,951 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah okay thanks Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (3,712 Views)

★★ Novice

just a heads up, added my code as found original box while moving. Worked just fine. 

Add a product code.

Enter key

You have successfully added BF 1942 to your Library. 

Message 7 of 8 (3,431 Views)

★★ Guide

@Widget21

Have you added the DLCs too? I am very upset that I can't redeem them.

Even an advisor could not help me.

Thanks,

L

Message 8 of 8 (3,399 Views)