11-05-2012 01:19 PM
I downloaded the free Demo in Origin and now every time I want to join a multiplayer match it says "Error - Invalid CD Key". And if I click the "OK" button, the game closes. I tried to re-install the game and to install Punkbuster but it didn't help...
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-05-2012 02:30 PM
Multiplayer does not work so far.
Normally, you have to use a tool Battlefield 1942_Code.exe in the following folder: X:\Origin\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\eReg, but the code box is for numbers only, letters don't work. Unfortunately, the CD-Key of the Origin version has letters ...
11-06-2012 06:12 AM - last edited on 11-07-2012 03:23 PM by EA_Dennis
EDIT: This process was now automated. If you encounter the "Invalid cd key issue" please run repair (right-click on Battlefield 1942 in Origin). For more information please see this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1942/Battlefi
Ok, I finally got mine working !
1) Click start menu, type regedit in the search field (or hit windows+r if you do not have vista/7)
2) Navigate to the following section(s) depending on your OS,
For those of you that don't have an Origin folder located in either of these two locations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Origin\Battlefield 1942\ergc (FOR 64bit OS)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Origin\Battlefield 1942\ergc (FOR 32bit OS)
3) You need to create it yourself. I have Win 7 x64, so I made an Origin folder (also known as a "key" in the registry) under Electronic Arts.
To create this "folder", right-click on Electronic Arts and then choose "New" and then "Key". Now it should allow you to give it a name, rename it as Origin.
4) Next, right-click on the Origin "key" you just made and again pick "New" and then"Key". Give this new key a name of Battlefield 1942.
5) Next, right-click on the Battlefield 1942 "key" you just made and again pick "New" and then "Key". Give this new key a name of ergc
6) Next, click on the ergc "key" , on the right hand side you'll see it has a string value called "Default". Right-click it and then choose "Modify".
Now you need to copy your product key from Origin and paste it as the new modified value.
To find your product key, right click Battlefield 1942 in Origin, then choose Game information/detail, and you should see your product key (listed on the right hand side)
7) You do NOT need to include spaces, just copy and paste the key and click on "Ok".
Now you can close the registry editor, run your game and you should be able to connect to any server. I managed to connect to my dedicated server at last after I did this !
Hope it helps you guys :-)