Why have I been signed up to Answers HQ?

by Stevo6483

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why have I been signed up to Answers HQ?

★★ Novice
I received an email this morning saying I'd received a Noob badge for Answers HQ, and after logging into the site it looks like I've also been registered for this service sometime yesterday. Is the registration automatic for people with EA accounts? I did not sign up myself so would like to know this. Or has someone else logged into my EA account and signed me up?
Message 1 of 20 (46,455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why have I been signed up to Answers HQ?

Community Manager

Hmm, did you use a shared computer or do anything in EA's infrastructure the day that you saw this? 

It sounds like you may have been logged in, and someone else went to AHQ, but it's hard to tell really. 

You may want to reset your password as a precaution. It doesn't look like your account is compromised but it's always worth erring towards caution. 

https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword?execution=e1104710591s1

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (46,829 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hmm, did you use a shared computer or do anything in EA's infrastructure the day that you saw this? 

It sounds like you may have been logged in, and someone else went to AHQ, but it's hard to tell really. 

You may want to reset your password as a precaution. It doesn't look like your account is compromised but it's always worth erring towards caution. 

https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword?execution=e1104710591s1

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 20 (46,830 Views)

★★ Novice

I wasn't using any EA service or anything else at the time it's got me logged in.  I've changed my password just in case.  Didn't realise I'd posted this in the Mirror's Edge forum, it wasn't clear on my mobile, so thanks for answering all the same.

Message 3 of 20 (46,391 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update and the site navigation feedback, and hopefully you won't have any more odd account activity.  

I'll move the post to a more appropriate area too, cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 20 (46,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This person is not alone.

I just received an "You earned the Noob badge on Answer HQ" email where the badge text is "Joined AHQ. Welcome to the community!".

I DID NOT JOIN AHQ, SO WTF IS GOING ON?!!

I DETEST having accounts created on my behalf without my consent or permission!

How and where do I delete the AHQ account?

Please provide a textual description and link.

Message 5 of 20 (46,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tooday i also received email about registration on Answers HQ.

I did't play any EA games for like months and didn't join Answers HQ.

I even chenged Password 5 days ago, becouse i recived a email about redeeming Origin Access subscription code (but i didn't do it).
So i would like to know, why i recived free Origin Access (or it is free idk) and why i was regiistered on Answers HQ (i even didnt know you exist) and final question - how i can delete my Answers HQ acc?

I know this post is two yers old, but i hope i will geet Answers.
And sorry for my englesh.

Message 6 of 20 (34,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the exact same situation!

Message 7 of 20 (32,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are these surprise mechanics, people are talking about?

Message 8 of 20 (31,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems this issue still happends, I suddenly got these emails yesterday as well, I never signed up for this, heck I thought it was a skim attempt to steal my account when I first saw it.

Message 9 of 20 (25,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also received a bunch of these mails today, haven't touched my account and have security codes active, no account sharing, password is generated with password manager and not re-used, so it's very unlikely I've been hacked.

Message 10 of 20 (25,498 Views)