The submit button acts weird

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The submit button acts weird

Hi

Some of my posts just disapear when I press submit, some don't. They are also not visible in my forum history. Tried to post something for four times (a big post whith a lot of instructions Frown) now and it keeps disapearing when I leave the window. It is not browser related because I have the same problem with firefox and google chrome.

Message 1 of 11 (1,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The submit button acts weird

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I did some further digging for you and your post is now visible.

Please let me know if anything else disappears!

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,256 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I've seen some of that in the past.  These days, what I see happening is no Submit button at all, and I have to cut and paste to hold onto my post, cancel the current Edit window, and start a new one!  The only time I was having the results disappear, I wrote it up in here, a couple of years ago. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gorath_the_Elder

Already tried that.Standard smile The funny thing is that it keeps happening on certain threads. As you can see, in this thread I can post normally. Very weird...

Edit:

@Straatford87 (some extra info about the problem for the site's dungeon master Wink)

link to thread I can't post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/FIFA-17-IS-NOT-WORKING-AFTER-NEW-INSTALLATION-WIN-10-PRO/m-p/5829332...

I only get a preview button on this one...

Message 3 of 11 (1,180 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I already PM'd you this, but I will post it here as well so other users can see it.

We have a spam filter that picks up.. spam. However, sometimes it picks up posts in error. When that happens your post will not appear as it gets automatically removed. Trying to post again will have the same effect.

Should that happen, a Community Manager will take a look at the spam filter to whitelist the posts that have been put there in error. Once we remove the posts, you can go back to posting as normal.

Message 4 of 11 (1,166 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

I still can't post on the thread I linked above so I asked @geofaysal1 to post a new thread to get around this problem. Hopefully this approach will work... Fingers crossed

Edit: I see now that also other threads are blocked for me Frown

Schermopname (5).png

As you can see, still no submit button.

PS: I understand it's weekend now, so I definitely can wait till a given day in the week. Wink Thumbs up

PPS: Realy miss posting now. Frown. This forum is addictive Wink

Message 5 of 11 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Strange, as I could not find you in the spam filter.

The Submit button however seems to be working as intended, as it will not show unless you enter a certain amount of characters in the typing field. What happens if you type something in there?

Message 6 of 11 (1,147 Views)

Hero

Usually it helps to add a few spaces to the end of the post for the submit button to appear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,124 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I did some further digging for you and your post is now visible.

Please let me know if anything else disappears!

Message 8 of 11 (1,257 Views)

Thank you, @Straatford87. As I already said, you're a life saver. I'm glad to be fully functional again. Large smile

Message 9 of 11 (1,104 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Glad to have you back! :eahigh_file:

Message 10 of 11 (1,093 Views)