[Suggestion] Removing the blue/green bar beside avatar on profiles

by InspectahCax

Original Post

[Suggestion] Removing the blue/green bar beside avatar on profiles

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Firstly, there's no proper 'suggestion' or feedback subforum here. The general layout and structure of these forums is atrocious, to be fair.. This 'Answers' section isn't even a proper part of the forums. I'm not sure why EA would make such a mess of a forum system, they're beyond capable of having a simple and efficient one. One that actually has proper subforums, loads properly and covers all the categories that people would need (with subforums).. Tip of the iceberg, but I digress.

Anyway, it's a small issue, but a very simple one. It's the kind of issue that leaves you thinking "why did they do that in the first place?".. The green/blue bar to the left of peoples avatar, on their profile, pushes their avatar to the right and essentially crops it (by however many pixels wide it is, maybe 10?). Is this going to be changed? Has it been brought to light before? It looks unprofessional and is just straight up annoying. No one wants their avatar to be cut off like that, it just looks rubbish. 

A fix would be incredibly simple. The bar could be moved to sit underneath peoples avatars, not interfering with anything. 

It could be seen as trivial, but how EA deals with something like this speaks volumes - for this to be the case/a problem to begin with is nothing short of silly (come on lads, not one person in the company thought "oh wait nah thats a dumb idea"?). For it to then be ignored or unaddressed/unchanged is nothing short of incompetent. Uncaring, even - one and the same with incompetence when it comes to a company and it's users/customers.

I'm not sure what will become of this topic ('question'), but this has annoyed me for ages (big time - it just reeks of incompetence), so I figured I'd make a thread.

Message 1 of 3 (929 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] Removing the blue/green bar beside avatar on profiles

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I moved your post here @InspectahCax . So that the cm's would see it. Not sure what the blue green bar is that you are seeing to the left of people's avatars. Do you mean the heading at the top of each section of the forum? Otherwise, I am not experiencing that. I had to double check my profile page to be sure. Or maybe you mean the avatar editor on this site. 

The profile picture needs to be a certain size in order to work on ahq. I will need to update my post when I find that information for you. It's been awhile since I have thought about it and shrunk mine down. I suggest making it a small square and try using that. The size is what I had to change with my avatar in order to get it to show correctly. Don't crop it using AHQ website though. It doesn't make it small enough and/or keep it centered, unfortunately. 

Edit: It needs to be 100 by 100 pixels. 

Message 2 of 3 (915 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] Removing the blue/green bar beside avatar on profiles

Community Manager

@InspectahCax Hi,

Can you clarify where exactly you are seeing this bar? A screenshot would be best, it would help is tremendously in properly addressing what you are experiencing.

I have added screenshots for how both the profile page and the individual avatar's in thread look like for me in my Chrome browser.

1-profile.PNG

2-thread.PNG

Thanks a lot for your help in advance,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (899 Views)