Suddenly Unlocked Badges

by EnteringNirvana

Original Post

Suddenly Unlocked Badges

★★ Novice

I apologize if this topic ends up in an incorrect section.

I got a bunch of emails saying I unlocked badges for answering 100 questions and starting 10 new posts, etc etc

a bunch of them just unlocked a few minutes ago and mind you I have not used my EA account on forums minus once for a titanfall thing

so I am really confused and wondering if something is up with my account or if there is anything else i should be worrying about

Message 1 of 11 (2,493 Views)

Re: Suddenly Unlocked Badges

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EnteringNirvana

I have moved the thread to Answer HQ EN section. As for your profile I have taken a look at some of your stats and it is very interesting indeed. I have escalated this future to see if something is wrong with your profile.

As for you, dont worry about anything as this might be just the site reacting in a wrong way. Your Origin account as it is should be all fine.

Message 2 of 11 (2,469 Views)

EA Staff

We're looking into this now. This is definitely an issue limited to AHQ - your Origin account won't be affected. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,447 Views)

★★★ Novice
What I do? What I need? Which account is need?
Message 4 of 11 (2,383 Views)

Re: Prematurely Unlocked Badges

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Your comment to this message thread isn't at all clear.  English apparently isn't your birth language, and you have written us only fragments, not sentences.  AHQ offers four other languages: French, German, Spanish, and Russian.  If you are more literate in one of those, find a forum here on the site where your question both fits and is in the language you can form fully complete sentences in. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,380 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also just got two emails from this today. I can't figure out why. 

Message 6 of 11 (2,356 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CatHellsky The ones you have are normal. For logging in the first time, posting once etc. Everyone will get them. Perfectly fine.

Message 7 of 11 (2,341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Even though I did them three years ago and just got the emails today...? is this a new thing they're rolling out then? 

Message 8 of 11 (2,334 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CatHellsky  These features were added mid September, so yes they're relatively new.

Message 9 of 11 (2,284 Views)

★★ Novice

I just received 5 emails from Answers HQ about unlocking badges.

The only posting I have done was regarding Dragon Age Inquisition in the fall of 2014. I don't even remember doing it on this site, though it may already have been connected to the DAI forums. I panicked and thought my EA account had been hijacked.

Any chance something might be wrong with my account? If it's just mechanics behind this site let me say: I do not think that it is a cool decision to mass email out notifications for posts that happened close to two years ago. I am obviously not the only person who suddenly got scared they had been hacked. I immediately went through the routine of changing a lot of passwords on this site and others using the same email just to be sure, something I was not planning on doing today.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (2,179 Views)