Re: Confused / confusing AHQ badge issuances

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Repetitive duplicate AHQ badge issuance eMails

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Over the past couple of months, I've seen numerous "late" awards of badges I qualified for as much as five years ago (well, four years and nine months, anyway).  Last week, it was one I just KNOW I'd earned during my first month, again; "Topic Starter" for 50 posts.  I'm sure that one existed back then, or one just like it, and should've been added to my profile at the time. 

So to my way of thinking that made two of them. 

Today, I've gotten another notice of having been awarded that same badge.  That makes three the way I would count it.  I know it's just an error in an automated routine of some kind, but it's not very professional, and we always have new folks starting, and interested in their progress.  Those with a hundred posts are going to worry that they have "lost" half of their messages this way.  I never had major interest in message count or XP count. 

The only one I ever cared about, has always remained low, and I never attach footers begging for recognition, but I really have solved three or four times more problems than my official count, it's just that those I help don't take time to create the Solved Flag. 

Message 1 of 5 (872 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Gorath_the_Elder

Hi,

One of our Heroes, @DarkBanishing (thanks again!) recently noticed that his badges weren't awarded properly. We've reviewed this, and it appears that we made an error with setting up when certain badges where awarded depending on metrics.

We've since fixed this, which means that users are now suddenly seeing badges awarded that they should've had already. I do want to clarify that nothing has been lost to users in the process.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.  

Thank you,

Message 2 of 5 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The first of the two messages was dated Friday, I think.  The second was early this morning, each said exactly the same thing.  There is only the one badge, not two. 

Message 3 of 5 (843 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Gorath_the_Elder

Due to us making changes in the system you might have received multiple messages. I think we're all sorted now.

To confirm: are there any badges you're currently missing, or is there anything else that isn't clear to you?

Message 4 of 5 (830 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As I have said before, the badges aren't a big deal personally.  If more of my solutions actually made it into my counts, THAT would be reward enough. 

However, would you believe that this afternoon, the same eMail has been sent a third time?  It has!  

Message 5 of 5 (819 Views)