More of the same old AHQ composition software hangup again

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

More of the same old AHQ composition software hangup again

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

For the third time in the past two years, some meddlesome somebody is screwing with the composition sections's coding and/or settings, and I cannot get a specific message thread to accept an edit! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/fifa-17-technical-issues-en/message-id/22036

This belonged in one or the other of my posts in there, this would have gone into the last one:

P. S.  I wasted an hour with this site's insanely bad software, attempting to edit my last previous post into this thread.  I thought I should add the Radeon HD5970 GPU to my list of Legacy cards that should be usable with the workaround described in this message thread.  I could not get a chance to do that (and the same stupid thing is happening again!) 

The "Submit" option won't appear! 

Message 1 of 3 (606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: More of the same old AHQ composition software hangup again

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Thanks, @EA_Kristi for the prompt reply.

Sometimes that extra character, extra space, extra new line, may help.  This time, none of the 8-10- maybe 12 retries, it didn't help.  Shutting down Firefox itself, restarting it, and clearing its cache made no difference.  Shutting down Windows and restarting IT made no difference. 

OK, next day, Feb 18.  I could edit any of my posts in that thread!  I haven't changed anything since restarting Windows yesterday.  I suppose this is a "solution" in a sense, though!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (691 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Gorath_the_Elder, that edit seems to work fine for me - the 'Submit' shows up immediately after I type/remove something. 

Are you just coping the new card info in? Sometimes you need to add an extra character manually for the submit button to show up (add a space for example).

- Kristi

Message 2 of 3 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Thanks, @EA_Kristi for the prompt reply.

Sometimes that extra character, extra space, extra new line, may help.  This time, none of the 8-10- maybe 12 retries, it didn't help.  Shutting down Firefox itself, restarting it, and clearing its cache made no difference.  Shutting down Windows and restarting IT made no difference. 

OK, next day, Feb 18.  I could edit any of my posts in that thread!  I haven't changed anything since restarting Windows yesterday.  I suppose this is a "solution" in a sense, though!

Message 3 of 3 (692 Views)