Can't Submit ME Andromeda Bug Report

by alakurielle

Original Post

Can't Submit ME Andromeda Bug Report

★ Guide

I'm trying to post a bug report for Mass Effect: Andromeda in the appropriate bug report section, but it won't post - if I click submit, absolutely nothing happens, and when I click preview I get a message saying "correct the highlighted errors and try again," but then the only "highlighted error" is a message under the main body of the post (which I did fill in, I didn't leave it blank) that says "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." But I didn't add any of my own HTML to the post in the first place, and even after it was supposedly removed, it still won't post and I just keep getting the same message. Please help!

Message 1 of 9 (975 Views)

Re: Can't Submit ME Andromeda Bug Report

★★★★★ Expert

Try doing the post using a different browser, with no advertising or pop-up limitations at all running; nothing but the bare defaults.  I prefer Firefox, however, Opera, Safari, and Sea Monkey have all worked for me here. 

Message 2 of 9 (965 Views)

★ Guide

Was originally using Firefox, but now also tried with Edge as I don't have any other browsers installed. Exact same thing happened. I don't use any adblockers or pop-up limitations, either. Thanks for trying, though.

Message 3 of 9 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You do realize that "Bug Reports" are a one-way street, right?  You aren't supposed to hear anything back from anyone other than the members here on Answer HQ.  Only summary-type numbers go up the chain to the developers. 

Message 4 of 9 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know, but it would be nice to know if anyone else is having the same problem, and if they've perhaps found a workaround for it. There are also patches coming for the game based on a lot of the reports on this site, and it would be nice to see this problem fixed.

It would also be nice just to be able to get the site to work. It's bad enough the game is buggy, now I'm having to deal with a bug on the site, too?

Message 5 of 9 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Make a normal Technical problem report about the bug in the ME: Andromeda technical discussion forum.  That forum's problem report guide in the FAQs there is from Carbonic. 

Message 6 of 9 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, we'd like to look into this, @alakurielle

I can see that you've made bug reports in the past that seemed to display fine, so it doesn't sound like there's an account issue.

We were making some site changes yesterday, can you try again today?

If the issue persists, can I check if your most recent post had any images, video or attachments? Can you try to make the post again and provide screenshots of the report before it fails? Hopefully this can help us find out exactly what's failing here.

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (926 Views)

★ Guide

Hi David, thanks for looking into this for me.

I just tried submitting the bug report again, and I'm still getting the exact same problem. I'll include some screencaps from both before and after, so you can see exactly what's happening. I wasn't trying to include any images/video/attachments in the bug report, though, so I can't imagine that was the problem.

Message 8 of 9 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you, that's great information. It'll help us with looking into this. 

As for the game issue, hopefully it will be addressed with the patch coming later today. I'll keep an eye out for any notes referencing the issue.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (895 Views)