Answer HQ login problems need to be fixed

by twobaddogs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Answer HQ login problems need to be fixed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The move to consolidate login to Answer HQ with Origin accounts is failing because the login constraints of Answer HQ are different from those required by Origin.  The result is that the Answer HQ page goes into a cycle of automatic reload, reload, reload, rendering Answer HQ inaccessible - even just for browsing.  The only way to undo this is to delete all cookies, then start over.  I found that I could sign into Answer HQ only by creating a NEW account, and it was then that I found that the account constraints are different to those in the origin client...

Examples::

My Origin ID has a space in it.  Not sure if Answer HQ allows this but Origin did and I cannot change my Origin ID.

Answer HQ passwords require a mix of capital and non-capital letters, and numbers.  Origin does not require capital letters.

This makes Answer HQ almost impossible to access where there is a conflict in constraints.  The Origin login constraints need to be identical in both the Origin client and Answer HQ - can this be fixed please?  As it has, I've had to create a new account purely for Answer HQ that is not connected to my Origin ID.

Message 1 of 9 (1,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Answer HQ login problems need to be fixed

Community Manager (retired)

As far as I know, you can actually try and change your Origin ID there:

http://www.origin.com/change-id

Try setting one without a space in it.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you! :D

For anyone else with this stuck-refresh problem in Answer HQ, the cause seems to be either a user name or password that was fine for the Origin client, but not fine for Answer HQ (that really does still need fixing by EA).  To fix your access to Answer HQ, this is what I did...

1. Delete your browser's cookies (the constant refreshing is caused by the login 'remember me' trying to log you in, but the site rejecting your credentials as they don't meet Answer HQ's format - so the page reloads, tries to log you in again - fails - ad infinitum...).

2. Open your Origin client and change your password so that it contains upper and lower case characters, and contains numbers.  Exit your Origin client fully (log out).

3. If your origin ID has a space or other character that Answer HQ disallows, then visit Origin's page http://www.origin.com/change-id as suggested by eafrancois and change your Origin ID if your has a space in it.  You will need to use this user ID and password for origin from now on.

4. Once both your username and password match Answer HQ's constraints, you should be able to use Answer HQ properly with your Origin account.  If you cannot, delete all your cookies again, then sign up to Answer HQ qith a totally new account (in your profile you can attach your Origin ID to your account).

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (1,197 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

As far as I know, you can actually try and change your Origin ID there:

http://www.origin.com/change-id

Try setting one without a space in it.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 9 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you! :D

For anyone else with this stuck-refresh problem in Answer HQ, the cause seems to be either a user name or password that was fine for the Origin client, but not fine for Answer HQ (that really does still need fixing by EA).  To fix your access to Answer HQ, this is what I did...

1. Delete your browser's cookies (the constant refreshing is caused by the login 'remember me' trying to log you in, but the site rejecting your credentials as they don't meet Answer HQ's format - so the page reloads, tries to log you in again - fails - ad infinitum...).

2. Open your Origin client and change your password so that it contains upper and lower case characters, and contains numbers.  Exit your Origin client fully (log out).

3. If your origin ID has a space or other character that Answer HQ disallows, then visit Origin's page http://www.origin.com/change-id as suggested by eafrancois and change your Origin ID if your has a space in it.  You will need to use this user ID and password for origin from now on.

4. Once both your username and password match Answer HQ's constraints, you should be able to use Answer HQ properly with your Origin account.  If you cannot, delete all your cookies again, then sign up to Answer HQ qith a totally new account (in your profile you can attach your Origin ID to your account).

Message 3 of 9 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Login issues still haven't been fixed.

I had to sign up for a new account, whch pointed me in the right direction - the password.

EA's security is a bit of a car crash, they don't allow long passwords or ones with symbols (i.e. strong passwords), which means they're probably storing them in plain text.

Have fun when those inevitably get leaked...

Message 4 of 9 (987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did a bit of digging and Lithium (the software this board appears to run on) claim that they do hash their passwords.

So the password rules are just incompetence, rather than... I dunno... dangerous incompetence.

Message 5 of 9 (971 Views)

★★★ Expert

I'm having issues as well and, I log in with my email address. Just started yesterday but, I have to clear my browser and reboot my computer, clear my browser and turn my phone off and back on to log in. Otherwise I get the infinite loading loop. Clearing my browser alone does not fix it.

Message 6 of 9 (956 Views)

Community Manager

@DarkAmaranth1966 Hi, so I'm clear, is this affecting both your phone and your computer? It's probably not a factor if it's affecting both, but what browser(s) do you use?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (946 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_David I have tried Firefox (my preferred browser0 Edge, Internet Explorer and, Mobile Safari. Same on all of them. I'm thinking maybe some recent changes were made and, now the server is not fond of my high latency connection. it's satellite so 700ms is the LOWEST latency I will ever see and average is 1000ms, with spikes at peak times as high as 2500ms.

Similar problem with the sims 3 store a few years ago that, i worked with support and my ISP on to get resolved, and we did get it fixed. Might or might not be related but, never hurts to examine the possibilities.

Message 8 of 9 (940 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the info, I'll forward it as appropriate and we'll let you know if we have any further updates. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (932 Views)