Re: insufficient disk space

by Braddock512

Original Post

insufficient disk space

★★★ Newbie

I've bought Hitman Absolution through origin store and origin tells me: INSUFFICIENT DISK SPACE. It says I only have 14,317MB free (the free space on my C-drive), but the origin game installation directory is set to my F-drive which has 29GB free. 

What's going on?

Message 1 of 5 (7,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Very likely, you will have to move your "Documents" folder off the C: drive and onto the F:

High capacity Hdds have been priced so cheaply for such a long time that filling up all but a paltry 14 MBs of a half Terabyte seems hard to do.  

Message 2 of 5 (7,360 Views)
Highlighted

EA Community Manager
On your Origin settings, you should have 2 directories. One for your Game Installers and one for your Downloaded Games.
I'm GUESSING that your Game Installers directory is still showing C:\ , which is causing the "Insufficient Space" message. By changing BOTH the Game Installer and Downloaded Games directories within the Origin application to a partition or HDD that has enough space, you should be able to proceed with downloading and installing Hitman Absolution.

(btw- fantastic game)
Message 3 of 5 (7,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the exact same problem, and ive tried both of those suggestions, and still no luck. I have been messing around with my drives lately, and idk if something is screwed up. I just hope i didnt waste 50 bucks on bf premium if i cant even download it.

Message 4 of 5 (7,078 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@nuclearninja0217 wrote:

i have the exact same problem, and ive tried both of those suggestions, and still no luck.  I just hope i didnt waste 50 bucks on bf premium if i cant even download it.

The thread is in the forum for discussing how this website (AHQ) works, not for any particular game, or for the Origin system.  It is an old, dead thread that should have remained in the graveyard.  You need your own message in either your game's forum, or in Origins' forum, not here. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/bd-p/battlefield-4

Message 5 of 5 (7,064 Views)