Betreff: Command and Conquer

von icemancometh45
Antworten

Originalbeitrag

Command and Conquer

★★★ Newbie

I am in Germany and just got Origin. The language is set to English. I tried purchasing Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection but it seems to be available in German/Deutsch only - can I buy this and download it in English? 

I can't seem to find the English version anywhere.

Nachricht 1 von 7 (202 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

EA Community Manager

Hi @icemancometh45,

I'm not sure if you're just visiting Germany or living there now - so I'll just reply in English for now.

Due to local restrictions and decisions made by governmental, some older C&C Games were heavily altered for the German market in particular. Therefore there is a special version for Germany that is in German only. Since the Origin Store displays the offers according to your location and not your language setting in Origin, you probably purchased this version.

So if you want to have another version of the game, you would have to contact an EA Advisor (choose English or German) in order to get a refund. Once you're in another country, you could go back and purchase the Ultimate Collection again there. Also make sure to check out the "supported languages" part in the Origin Store.

Nachricht 2 von 7 (197 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Joker

Thanks for the response - I live in Germany.

Is it possible to purchase this when I am outside the country or only when my account address is not German?

I tried contacting an EA adviser using chat a good few times - didn't really work. I have filed for a refund and will hopefully get it. I will be travelling soon and hopefully can make the purcahse then if this is only based on location when I make the pur

Nachricht 3 von 7 (192 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

EA Community Manager

@icemancometh45

You should be able to make the purchase once you're outside out of Germany. I would recommend just checking the "supported languages" in Origin before purchasing, that should be an indicator (if you're not going to Austria, that is).

If you cannot connect to an EA advisor via chat, you can also request a callback - otherwise check your AdBlocker or try another browser.

Nachricht 4 von 7 (187 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Joker - Thanks

I will try this when in another country. I hope it wont be locked based address in the account reg. That would make it a pretty bit issue. 

I also read online that people were flagged/blocked for making purchases from other countries (mistaken for using proxies/VPNs) hope this wont be an issue.

Nachricht 5 von 7 (183 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

EA Community Manager

@icemancometh45

Well, technically you could purchase a non-German version of the game as a disc copy and just redeem the code on Origin. So if there should be an issue regarding the purchase, I would also advise to contact an EA Advisor. But let's just wait and see, everything should be fine. Just let us know how things turn out in the end.

Nachricht 6 von 7 (178 Ansichten)
Antworten
0 Kudos

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Joker

Yep waiting on the refund response. Will post an update when I hear from EA about it, and the purchase when I travel.

Thanks.

Nachricht 7 von 7 (174 Ansichten)

ea-promo

Probleme mit der Verbindung zu deinem Spiel?

Bei Verbindungsproblemen mit einem EA-Spiel probiere zunächst diese Schritte.

Fehlerbehebung und Verbindungstest

ea-splash-2

Konto geschützt halten

Wir senden dir einen Code für die vertrauenswürdigen Geräte, um sicherzugehen, dass du es bist.

Mehr zur Anmeldungsüberprüfung in der EA Hilfe